RTAI/Fusion: insmod: error inserting /usr/fusion/modules/rtai_hal.ko: -1 no such device
Vandenbroucke Sander
2005-03-16 07:02:23 UTC
Hey,

When loading rtai_hal.ko (trying to run latency test) I get the following error:

insmod: error inserting /usr/fusion/modules/rtai_hal.ko: -1 no such device

I use fedora core 2 as development platform and a RH8 based target. Kernel is 2.6.9 with fusion 0.69

- I upgraded my modutils

- I created de rt* entrys in the /dev directory.

What am I missing?
Vandenbroucke Sander
2005-03-18 07:53:34 UTC
Hey,

When loading rtai_hal.ko (trying to run latency test) I get the following error:

insmod: error inserting /usr/fusion/modules/rtai_hal.ko: -1 no such device

I use fedora core 2 as development platform and a RH8 based target. Kernel is 2.6.9 with fusion 0.69

- I upgraded my modutils

- I created de rt* entrys in the /dev directory.

What am I missing?

Met vriendelijke groeten,
NV Michel Van de Wiele

Sander Vandenbroucke

***@vandewiele.com

Van de Wiele Company or its affiliates do not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Van de Wiele Company or any of its affiliates.
Gilles Chanteperdrix
2005-03-19 08:47:33 UTC
Post by Vandenbroucke Sander
Hey,
insmod: error inserting /usr/fusion/modules/rtai_hal.ko: -1 no such device
I use fedora core 2 as development platform and a RH8 based target. Kernel is 2.6.9 with fusion 0.69
- I upgraded my modutils
- I created de rt* entrys in the /dev directory.
What am I missing?
You will find the reason for failure in kernel logs.

You likely have the same problem as in the following message:

https://mail.rtai.org/pipermail/rtai/2005-March/010688.html

The short answer is try passing "lapic" as a kernel boot option and if
it does not work compile your kernel without support for local APIC.
--
Gilles Chanteperdrix.